[column width=”1/1″ last=”true” title=”” title_type=”single” animation=”none” implicit=”true”]
Mark Kelly’s Full Post Originally Posted at this address.
A mind-boggling 10.8 million Syrians have been driven from their homes by violence in their towns. War widows are trying to care for their families. Husbands despair of feeding their children because they can’t find work. Children lose hope for the future because they can’t attend school. Infants and the elderly are at risk in bitter winter temperatures. Aid agencies don’t have the resources to provide adequate food, water and medical care.
Precious lives and eternal destinies are at stake.
What can be done?
Every member of Harvest Church can be involved in ministering to Syrian refugees through praying, giving, and going!
Ready to jump in?
• Pray for the salvation of the displaced refugees; pray for their needs to be met and their hearts to be turned to the only true hope of the gospel.
• Despite the terrible things that are happening, God is faithfully bringing many Syrians to himself in many places through these horrific events. Praise God today for his faithfulness in these cases!
• For more prayer resources for Syrian refugees and to join a prayer conversation with thousands of others at thesyriancircle.com/pray.
• Feel free to post below or respond to this email with a prayer as we lift our requests to God together!
• …through Baptist Global Response to support other Christian partners on the ground in Syria and neighboring countries.
• …through Global Hunger Relief. You can simply text “refugee” to 80888 to donate $10 for Syrian refugees.
• Locally: Global migration has brought many Syrians to the United States. You can share God’s love with them as they make new lives here. If you have Syrian neighbors, this is a great time to reach out and open your home to them! Join the conversation and get involved at ethnecity.com, with World Relief, or with wewelcomerefugees.com.
Globally: On the ground volunteers are helping in the crisis through hosting medical clinics, registering refugees, delivering food boxes, and teaching various short-term classes such as ESL, art, music, sewing, home health care, micro-business, etc. If you are interested in organizing a trip with your friends or small group, contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll be glad to help!